What is this about?
PRINCE2® Practitioner certification is suitable for anyone managing projects. This could be as part of a formal project management function or a role which involves project management as part of day-to-day work. The Practitioner certification aims to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to apply and tailor the method in a range of different project environments and scenarios.
Attaining your Practitioner qualification is only one part of becoming a successful and effective project manager. It is important to ensure that you supplement this with real-life experience working on projects, in addition to investing in personal professional development and wider training.
What’s in it for you?
The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2® in a scenario situation.
Through this course, you will reinforce your abilities to:
- Manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
Who should attend?
This certification is aimed at project managers, aspiring project managers and anyone who manages projects. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
To take the PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2® Foundation (or higher) - this only applies to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009
- Project Management Professional (PMP)*
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)*
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
Pass mark is 55%
2 hours and 30 minutes duration, no additional reading time
Open book exam (official PRINCE2® manual only)
PRINCE2® 2017 Practitioner
- On site at Client Location or IT Chapter offices
- Online Instructor-Led
INQUIRE ABOUT GROUP PRICING