What is this about?
Lean IT is an extension of Lean Principles, applied in an IT environment.
The Lean IT approach is a way of thinking and acting, focussing heavily on organizational culture. Lean IT is associated with the development and management of Information Technology products and services.
Lean Principles are concerned with:
- Increasing customer value.
- Eliminating waste (work that does not add value).
- Management as a facilitator.
- The involvement of all employees.
- Continual improvement.
- Preserving value with less work.
What’s in it for you?
You will learn about:
- The principles underlying the Lean philosophy.
- The importance of understanding and delivering customer value.
- The way Lean looks at processes and the waste within them.
- How to measure performance and the key determinants of performance.
- What the organizational requirements are when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools.
- The DMAIC problem-solving model.
- Which behaviour and attitude is necessary for Lean to be successful within an IT organization.
To certify your ability to:
- Apply the principles of Lean IT practices to provide necessary insight into business services and support IT assets, employees and processes.
- Utilize several Lean IT analysis tools and understand the application of the Lean IT philosophy in an IT environment.
- Provide insight into customer experience and identify the cause of problems to increase customer satisfaction.
- Align business services with IT to evaluate a service delivery solution and identify and reduce non-value adding activity.
- Streamline and automate compliance processes to lessen cost and risk.
- Enable an organization to achieve operational excellence through improved agility, service quality and efficiency.
- Build a customer and value-oriented culture in which employees engage in Lean IT processes.
- Optimise IT operations and processes supporting the most business critical applications and services.
- Implement a rigorous problem-solving process to achieve greater strategic and financial value
Who should attend?
Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization can benefit from the insights provided by the qualification.
90 days access to training materials
40 multiple choice questions, closed book
Pass mark is 65%
60 minutes duration
Lean IT™ Foundation Certification
INQUIRE ABOUT PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Please let us know you interested by filling the form below and we will contact you to schedule the course.
Group pricing available
- In class at ITChapter offices
- Online Instructor-Led